Silicone Overmolding Surface Treatment ↓↓↓
Metals are specially prepared for bonding. At present, there are three methods of metal surface treatment: chemical, mechanical, and sandblasting surface treatment. These three methods are to roughen the metal surface and increase the adhesion with silicone products.
The choice of silicone and metal adhesives is very important. The adhesives selected for different metal materials are very different. Commonly used are four metal materials that we are familiar with: stainless steel, aluminum, plastic and iron. our current commonly used materials are also very familiar with their characteristics
Silicone and Metal to Overmolding
- Increase the bonding area as much as possible to improve the resistance of silicone and metal bonding
- The length of the coating of silicone and metal should not be too long, widening the width of the coating can improve the bonding strength
- The position with a complex structure must mainly avoid bonding and falling off.
- Bevel bonding due to right angle bonding
- Surface bonding generally adopts metal surface drilling, threading, knurling, and the use of special treatment agents to improve surface bonding strength.
Silicone Overmolding Method
The silicone material is pressed into standard 0.5-3mm thin sheets with different thicknesses by machine, and the cut silicone sheet and metal parts are hand-wrapped and put into the mold cavity.
Through the 180-degree high-temperature metal and silicone under the pressure and high temperature of the molding machine, the silicone and metal are completely bonded. Covering and bonding silicone products through high temperature and high pressure is the only low-cost way. The molding temperature and pressure are determined according to the size and formula of the product.
Molding Of Silicone-Coated Magnet
The characteristic of magnets and silicone is that they cannot be bonded together. Therefore, before the magnet and silicone are formed, special chemical surface treatment is required for the magnet. It is very important to choose a suitable glue.
The magnet will be directly adsorbed on the mold when it is placed in the mold, and it is difficult to locate. If it is directly placed in the mold to form the magnet, it will disappear immediately when it encounters high temperature. After the magnetic paste is formed, it is punched again, which solves the production problem.
- If you want to find OEM Supplier in China.
- If you want to find a Competitive Price in China.
- If you want to find a Professional Phone Case factory in China.
- If you want to find a Low MOQ case supplier in China.
- If you want to find a Responsible Partner who helps you save trouble and time in the program.
Delivery Time: 5-7 days for samples, 10-25 days for batch goods.
b. By Air or by Sea for batch goods, for FCL.
c. Customers specifying freight forwarders or negotiable shipping methods!
Q: Are you a manufacturer?
A: Yes, we are an experienced manufacturer.
Q: How about the price?
A: We are a manufacturer and always offer our customers the most competitive factory price.
Q: How about the quality of the products?
A: We strictly control every detail of the products. The quality can be ensured.
Q: How to customize my own design?
A: Send your pictures to our email and let us know your request for models, print, and final effects.
Q: How can I make OEM or ODM orders?
A: We have different print processing, and different OEM orders please contact again or view more items.
Q: Can I visit your factory?
A: Yes, welcome to our factory.